Saturday 20 April 2024

Rats Moon (Mose & Peaches) Version 2 Starry Night Sky on Black

I revisited this rattie moon piece to add in a starry night sky background. I always felt the 2020 original with its plain background was missing something. Recently I've began experimenting with dark backgrounds and this felt like a great piece to try it on.

It's strange seeing my paintings with a dark background! What do you think?

I used black and white gouache, and as I no longer have the original painting, (the commission included ownership of the physical piece), I had to work with a print out of the scan for the outline, and then later piece it together with the original in Photoshop. I was pretty surprised when somehow, it worked?!

It was so satisfying to redo the whiskers in white to really make them pop! 




Here is a photo of the original painting completed in 2020:


A blog post about the original painting can be found here

Artwork © Amy Holliday 2024

0 comments:

Post a Comment