Tuesday 23 April 2024

Tabby Cats & Revisiting Old Kitty Illustrations from 2013

I recently came across scans of some unfinished cat sketches on my hard-drive from a sketchbook dated 2013(!) I still liked them and decided they ought to be finished. I first needed to excavate the sketchbook from the bottom of a storage cupboard in my parents' house, but luckily the sketches were found. 

(insert photo of sketchbook)

On the same page was a finished brown tabby, and the two sketches looked like they needed to match (although it wasn't a difficult decision due to my biased love of brown tabbies). After painting, I rescanned all three together to bring them up to the same scan quality (the scans from 2013 look poor now in comparison to my current scans - likely a mixture of the scanner technology improving over the years, and possibly some slightly improved editing skills! (hopefully). 

watercolour tabby cats



I still like the paintings from 2013, and along with some new cat illustrations would love to make some prints and stickers with them. 

Here is a collection of most of them, including two of the new tabbies:

watercolor cat illustrations

Artwork © Amy Holliday 2013-2024

0 comments:

Post a Comment