Friday 28 August 2020

Rats Moon (Mose & Peaches) Pet Portrait Commission

A couple months ago, I was approached with the idea of a commissioned original artwork - a special portrait of two little ratty fur-babies. 

It's been years since I've done a "pet portrait" or even a bespoke physical artwork, but after hearing this idea, I couldn't say no - even though this would be my first time drawing rats! The piece is 11x14", much larger than my usual illustration work, which was a little out of my comfort zone but nice to have more space for lots of lovely detail. In fact this whole piece was out of my comfort zone which was a good exercise and I was grateful for the opportunity during lockdown to slow down and do something different. This is the original artwork that has now reached its forever home, but I do have a scan for myself. 





Artwork © Amy Holliday 2020

0 comments:

Post a Comment