Sunday 22 December 2019

Baby Massage // Concept Illustrations in Line & Watercolour

Earlier this year I was asked to provide some conceptual illustrations suitable for a guide to baby massage. The style direction was influenced by simple lines and subtle touches of colour. This was a very different subject for me to work with, but I enjoyed the challenge of something new.

The first piece was quite close to my usual way of working or 'style', with most of the image having some colour as well as paint splats. In the following pieces, the colours became increasingly subtle, with most of the illustration becoming line drawing - much more suited to simple and elegant step-by-step instructions.


Following the first design, I was asked to show more detail in the baby's face, and reduce the saturation:




Artwork (C) Amy Holliday 2019

0 comments:

Post a Comment