Thursday 13 January 2011

Puffin Book Cover for "James and the Giant Peach"

Brief: produce a book cover for Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach that would not look out of place both on the shelf of an upmarket bookstore or at the local supermarket.

I explored many idea pathways for this brief, starting with:
The Characters:












The Peach:




 The seagulls and the sky:






Developing the Cover:





Further work:

After receiving feedback, I was asked to go back to my nighttime peach scene. I worked more on this and produced another, completely different cover:



3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    James and the Giant Peach was one of my favorite books to read in my classroom. The kids loved the story. Your art work is absolutely amazing. It will be a joy to follow your blog and see your wonderful creations. They are so inspiring. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your use of colour! Great competition entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    This is beautiful work, thanks so much for sharing your artistic journey online. It was a joy to find your blog this morning.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete