Thursday 16 June 2016

Stylist Magazine // The Summer of Craft Beers (1 of 2)

Last week's issue of Stylist Magazine featured the article "The Summer of Craft Beers" - and if you saw it then you might have noticed that the illustrations were all done by yours truly! I was asked to provide my own take on some of the season's trendiest independently-brewed beers, as well as a full opening page design with a very feminine and ornate beer bottle.



The timeframe was very tight on this one - I had just 3 days to complete 10 illustrations from start to finish which was very challenging. On the plus side, having to work as fast as possible certainly required that I be more confident with my freehand work, and accept it for what it is, mistakes and all (absolutely no chance of starting over with this project!)





The opening title page was very fun to design and paint. The brief required it to be feminine and decorative - so of course I let loose on a very pretty, girly beer label!



All artwork (C) Amy Holliday 2016. Please do not use without seeking prior permission. 
To see more of my work visit www.amyholliday.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. 'The Summer of Craft Beers' - On the plus side, having to work as fast as possible certainly required that I be more confident with my freehand work - Love your observation. Sometimes we don't know what we can really do until given an 'opportunity to excel.'

    ReplyDelete